The committee tasked with conducting a comprehensive and thorough search for a new City Attorney has forwarded the names of the candidates to Mayor Reed. This slate of finalists is the result of a three-month national search conducted on the city’s behalf by the 10-member search committee. The committee worked with executive search firm, Hughes Consulting, LLC and together they interviewed and recommended candidates to lead the City of Atlanta’s legal team. To get to the final list of five, the search encompassed over 50 candidates, all of whom were highly experienced.
“The search committee and the City are grateful for Hughes Consultants’ commitment to sourcing and recruiting highly qualified candidates for the position of City Attorney. Hughes Consultant offered their services to the City of Atlanta pro bono, and they did an outstanding job for the City. The Search Committee was quite impressed with the quality of candidates attracted to this position, which speaks to the notion that many people are drawn to public service for our great city,” said Nancy Rafuse, chairwoman of the search committee.
The 10-member search committee for City Attorney is chaired by Nancy Rafuse (Ashe, Rafuse & Hill) and includes Teri McClure (UPS), Beth Chandler (Asbury Automotive Group), Doug Selby (Hunton & Williams), Paula Frederick (State Bar of Georgia), Frank Strickland (Strickland, Brockington Lewis), Ernest Greer (Greenberg Traurig), K Whitner (Paul Hastings) and Jeff Bramlett (Bondurant, Mixson & Elmore).
In alphabetical order, the five finalists for City Attorney are as follows.
1. Dwight J. Davis, Senior Partner, King & Spalding, Atlanta, Georgia Davis, a graduate of Mercer University School of Law is one of the nation’s leading authorities in consumer class actions. In addition to his class action expertise, Mr. Davis has litigation and trial experience in a wide range of civil matters including insurance coverage, securities fraud, antitrust, and consumer fraud, and has more than twenty-five years of experience as a trial lawyer defending clients in numerous jurisdictions across the country. Mr. Davis is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is an AV rated lawyer and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Georgia Super Lawyers and Georgia's Legal Elite. He has tried over fifty cases and successfully defended over seventy-five class actions.
2. Roy E. Hadley Jr., Counsel, Bryan Cave LLP, Atlanta, Georgia, Hadley, a graduate of the University of Georgia, has public and private company experience in corporate governance and compliance matters, including corporate board and committee oversight. Mr. Hadley also has extensive transactional and operational experience, including financial structuring and debt management. His experience includes serving as an attorney for Turner Entertainment, MCI Worldcom, The American Bar Association, among many other notable organizations.
3. Cathy Hampton, Hampton Consulting Group, LLC, Atlanta, GA Hampton, a graduate of Spelman College, attended Oxford University and received her J.D. degree from Harvard Law School. She is a former chief legal officer, general counsel and secretary at RARE Hospitality International, Inc. Hampton’s specializes in general corporate law, including Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC compliance; acquisitions, dispositions, technology, outsourcing, intellectual property, negotiation and contract administration. She also specializes in management of litigation, employment, real estate, licensing, team development, outside counsel, cost containment measures and budgeting.
4. M. Hakim Hilliard, Partner, McKenna, Long & Aldridge, Atlanta, GA Hilliard is a graduate of Morehouse College, and received his J.D. degree from Georgetown University Law Center. Hilliard, a former Assistant City Attorney with the City of Atlanta, specializes in issues related to economic development incentives, public-private partnerships, privatization, procurement, land use, zoning, police licensing and permits.
5. H. Eric Hilton, Vice President, Legal Affairs, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, J. Russell & Company, Atlanta, GA Hilton is a graduate of Hampton University and earned his J.D. degree from George Washington University. His expertise is in human resources, risk management, drafting contracts, establishing and administering budgets, development and franchise agreements, and commercial leases.
Community News You Can Use
Click to read MORE news: