Atlanta Fire Rescue (Fire Department)
· The Atlanta Fire Department opened its Joint Operation Center (JOC) this morning around 8:30 am
· The Atlanta Fire Department has searched 150 apartments on Peachtree and 58 residents are currently displaced and the Red Cross is responding to those residents
· Another area near Peachtree in Midtown has 10 people who have been displaced because of the flooding
· Georgia Mutual Aid Groups have brought boats in near Peachtree Battle Circle to help rescue residents
· DPRCA Office of Parks’ Forestry Unit is on the scene working with AFD and APD. There are 33 trees down and 12 have been completed.
A sink hole has forced county officials to close Cascade Road between Milano Drive and Danforth Road. There is also a tree leaning into the right-of-way along this stretch of Cascade Road near Utoy Springs Creek.
In the Sandy Springs area, there were several trees down on wires in the area of Mount Vernon Highway and Powers Ferry Road.
In Buckhead, Northside Drive at Woodward Way is closed because a tree has fallen.
The City of Atlanta Department of Public Works maintenance crews are responding to numerous complaints of roadway flooding and street blockages due to down trees and limbs. Our primary focus is barricade placement in advance of these blockages, and barricade placement around road washouts.
The following numbers may be used for emergencies:
- Down trees, call the Department of Parks & Recreation at (404) 817-6813
- Flooding, call the Department of Watershed Management at (404) 658-6500
- Power outages, call Georgia Power 1-888-891-0938.
- Watershed for flooding emergencies, 404-954-6340
The Fulton County Joint Operations Center (JOC) is also available for emergencies/inquires at (404) 546-2606