Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Atlanta City Concilwoman Plea for Assistance for Flood Ravaged District 9

As you may know by news reports, many of our citizens in District 9 have been affected by the flood of the Chattahoochee River, RM Clayton Wastewater Treatment Plant, Peachtree, Proctor and Sandy Creeks. I have been trying to get around to every community to assess the damage and needs.

I am appealing to you and your neighborhood organizations to help me, help those in need! Please call my office at 404-330-6044 if you can assist.

My office is working hard to coordinate services for those affected. The Salvation Army is in route to provide a Canteen with lunch, water, etc. for residents in the Buckhead, Riverside, and Lincoln/Bolton Hill Communities. If I’ve missed any areas, please alert me.

Also, we are coordinating with our Public Works department to set a pick-up day for bulk items. If you have flood insurance, you may be reimbursed for private dumpsters. Those who do not have insurance and need assistance for pick-up can call my office for coordination.

I’m preparing and electronic and printed information which I will distribute tomorrow with contact numbers for assistance and helpful hints.

This email is a call out to individuals and neighborhood associations who were not affected by the flooding to help your district and neighboring communities.

Here’s how you can help:

Volunteers to help remove items in homes damaged by the flood – I have seniors who need help!
Donation of cleaning supplies
Pumps and vacuums to remove water from homes
Dumpster donations, etc.

If you can help please call me ASAP.

Thank you,

Felicia A. Moore
fmoore@AtlantaGa.Gov
Councilmember, District 9
Atlanta City Council
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 330-6044 Phone
(404) 658-7966 Fax

-----
www.georgiafrontpage.com
Georgia Front Page
www.fayettefrontpage.com
Fayette Front Page

No comments: