The City of Atlanta Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs and the Mayor’s Office of Special Events remains committed to working with all Class A festival organizers during the upcoming 2009 festival season. Last fall city officials met with all Class A festival organizers regarding drought conditions and Piedmont Park’s use during the upcoming festival season (April through October 2009).
The Organizers agreed to the following arrangements.
· Dogwood Festival will be held in Piedmont Park on April 17-19, 2009.
· Screen on the Green will be held in Centennial Park starting on May 29, 2009.
· The Atlanta Jazz Festival will continue its Memorial Day tradition in Grant Park.
· The Peachtree Road Race will be held on the Fourth of July starting at Lenox Square and ending on 10th Street. T-Shirt distribution and family gatherings will be held in the Meadow at Piedmont Park.
· Atlanta Pride, originally scheduled for June 26-28, 2009 at Central Park, has now been moved outside the festival season and will take place on October 31-November 2, 2009, at Piedmont Park.
“We value the festivals as a rich part of Atlanta’s culture and are pleased to work with all of the festival organizers to find suitable venues this year,” says Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Commissioner Dianne Harnell Cohen.
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone