City of Atlanta personnel are working hard in the clean-up and recovery effort following today’s severe weather.
Latest Updates as of 2:35 pm
Atlanta Fire-Rescue Department
· Received 272 unique calls.
· 218 calls pending.
Atlanta Police Department
· Attended to vehicle struck by tree.
· Tree down across Ponce de Leon at Durant Street blocking all six lanes of Ponce de Leon. Current list of all street closures will be emailed when available.
Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs
· Members of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs (DPRCA) are working with other city departments to get an assessment on the damages, clearing trees and cleaning up debris.
Department of Public Works
· Members of the Department of Public Works are providing assistance with heavy equipment as needed to DPRCA for tree removal.
· Sporadic traffic signal malfunctions are being addressed as they are reported.
There is a possibility of thunderstorms Monday evening and Tuesday morning in the Atlanta area. The City of Atlanta encourages all residents and businesses that have experienced damage to secure their tarps and debris to prevent further damage to their property. More information about tomorrow’s weather forecast can be found at www.weather.gov.
Community News You Can Use
Follow us on Twitter: @gafrontpage